Monday, December 30, 2013

THE UPSIDE OF THE CARDINAL CROSS


I didn’t do my usual holiday thing this year. I bought a tree but did not decorate it. I bought presents, but didn’t wrap most of them…just gave them out to people with a sheepish smile and a shrug. I didn’t make my usual holiday goodies or cover my home in decorations. I did not even send out cards. For me, a Cancer Sun/Libra Rising, in the past I would have associated this behavior with a breakdown or some other catastrophic event.
However, I went to more holiday parties, drank more egg nog played more holiday music and wished more people “Happy Holidays” than I ever have before. This made me far happier than an organized holiday or falling in with my usual pattern.
This NYE I have found myself with a chest cold, a messy home and an untrimmed tree I need to put out on New Year’s day, since my partner and I are leaving for a 2 week trip to Europe the night of the 1st. I won’t be able to clean my house the way I usually do in order to harken the New Year. I won’t be able to smudge my home with sage since my throat is sore, I still have to pack and I won’t be able to make my traditional NYE meal of Pork, Black Eyed Peas, Yellow Rice, Sweet Potatoes and Greens. Nope, this year I’m going to order in Chinese for most of these items (it is possible).
Instead of a house cleaning, I feel my cold is bringing on a soul cleaning. I had a dream last night where I had made amends with each and every person who has ever broken my heart; I have become estranged from or have drifted away from. The scene of the dream was a carnival…One of my very favorite things. I can’t get on my hands and knees and scrub my kitchen floor, so instead I’m letting the chest cold clear out my heart chakra, I’m letting me feel my human-ness and the fact that no, I am not fucking super woman no matter what I pretend.
My life has changed…but more so, my whole perspective has evolved.
Instead I sit, and send out love to all those I have ever loved and those I will love in the future. I sit and plan a trip with my beloved that we are so eager for.
 I sit and embrace the enforced stillness...

No comments:

Post a Comment